The RENOLIT Group stands for partnership-based service, an international focus and innovative, high-quality, reliable products. With more than thirty production sites and sales entities in over twenty countries, we are one of the world’s leading plastic product manufacturers. Founded in 1946 with seven employees in Worms (Germany), where our headquarters are still today, the company now employs over 5,000 people. Their know-how and commitment make our family-owned business a sought after specialist for high-quality films, sheets and other plastic products.
American RENOLIT Corporation specializes in the manufacturing of plastic films that are used in the Graphics, Signage, and Labeling industry. Other films manufactured in La Porte are used a decorative surface lamination films in furniture applications, and some films are specifically engineered as laminates for exterior building components. ARC is among the top performers in the industry, and continually strives for innovation.
Your tasks at RENOLIT
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION
The position assists in the planning, development, implementation, communication and maintenance of a company's quality management systems, polices, documentation, data, and customer- specific requirements.
It oversees an organization's manufacturing and engineering processes by ensuring the proper use of tools, materials and procedures.
It monitors and tests product quality, ensures compliance with standards, identifies issues, and recommends solutions.
What we expect
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Product & Process Audits: Performs required audits by completing necessary inspection procedures (product operation, certification and test procedures), using the appropriate documentation, and attesting to the quality of the product prior to shipment.
- Ensures and verifies accuracy and completeness of quality requirements, inspection sheets, engineering documents and sampling sheets used when inspecting parts or units.
- Uses basic precision measuring tools, workmanship standards, visual inspection and referencing specifications and blueprints to identify discrepancies. May include calibration activities.
- Document deficiencies identified that do not meet the specifications and requirements. Provide a means to track and address repetitive issues.
- Troubleshoots daily issues and determines the root cause of the problem. Initiates proper Problem Solving: procedures in order to resolve the problem. Involves the appropriate departments.
- Assist Manufacturing and Design Engineering during pilot runs of materials to determine undocumented quality requirements and/or test procedures that should be added to the Quality Requirements.
- Helps maintaining the customer complaint system including necessary investigations, meetings and customer communications/visits
- Supports the preparation and execution of frequent internal audits and annual surveillance/re-certification audits according to ISO 9001
- Participate and make recommendations for continuous improvement activities.
- Initiate Corrective/Preventative Action notices as determined necessary to ensure quality processes and products.
- Provides training to the appropriate people as required on product operation and/or important information that has been identified that requires a “need-to-know” status.
- Continuous Improvement /Special Projects: Assist and participate when required and approved by the Quality Manager.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant Quality experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prefer experience in the automotive or plastic manufacturing industries
- Familiar with plastics and engineering polymers
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to effectively use quality tools and techniques to determine compliance to specifications, trends, capabilities, and opportunities for continuous improvement; and the ability to demonstrate effective use of precision measuring tools and/or equipment.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office (especially Excel, ACCESS, PowerPoint), CRM, ERP systems
- Knowledge of SPC and problem-solving tools
- ISO 9001:2015: Minimum of Internal Auditor certification
- Excellent organization, communication, planning, telephone, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to present to all levels of an organization.
- Able to work as a team member with a wide variety of people.
- Able to work under stress and solve problems quickly.
- Preferred: Six sigma green/black belt and LEAN experience
What we offer
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid Vacation
- 8 Paid Holidays per year