WP Group - Your reliable service provider for wind turbines
Sustainability focus and innovation drive while offering fair prices
IRM measures: e.g. tower maintenance or bolting inspections
Support with onshore & offshore staff tailored to your needs
For more than 10 years we are the independent service provider for wind turbines and industry. Since day one we have been putting our loyal customers and employees first. Together we develop the best measure for all parties involved with our service-oriented thinking.
An overview of our broad service portfolio
We support you competently at fair conditions. WP Group: Your reliable partner for time-critical orders with measures tailored to your needs.
You want us as an experienced partner at your side for your current challenges? Please contact us for your project and we discuss the further procedure.
Corrosion prevention & repair
Maintenance & inspection
Discover more about our most important services
RENOLIT CP - Long-Term Corrosion Protection for Wind Turbines
- Everybody knows the motto “Time is Money”? This is especially true in the wind energy industry. Every defect, every repair which results in the wind turbine being temporarily decommissioned costs money.
- The environmental factors and dynamic loads can cause damage to the tower and/or to the connection between the tower and the foundation.
- RENOLIT CP corrosion protection film offers reliable and long-term protection for steel and metal coatings on wind turbine towers.
- The new coating concept with ISO 12944-9 CX certification enables faster and more flexible repairs, as well as being environmentally friendly and durable.
- CX corresponds to the highest corrosion category. This also applies to structures of steel and metal coatings in industrial applications which are in high-humidity locations, and thus exposed to particularly aggressive ambient conditions.
Sustainability is our focus
In times of increasing regulatory pressure in environmental protection, products with lower environmental impact are gaining importance. Today, across industries, many companies are striving to minimize their environmental footprint. Our product with 10-year durability allows maximum resource-efficient use.
In contrast to paint systems, the film poses no risk to the coastal environment and groundwater.
Application project: The RENOLIT CP corrosion protection film has proven itself once again
The RENOLIT CP high-performance film has once again proven itself in a practical project: Repair work was planned for two wind turbine towers at a wind farm near Hannover, Germany. Severe corrosion on the flange areas and weld seams had brought the experts from WP Energy to the field: they applied around 45 square meters of the protective film, thus renewing the legal corrosion protection requirement for wind turbines.
First pilot project - RENOLIT CP corrosion protection film has been in practical test since 2020
Around 33 square meters of RENOLIT CP were applied on two wind turbines of a well-known manufacturer near Cologne (Germany). We are inspecting the coated wind turbines on a certain routine and will provide you with the most up-to-date results.
Have a look at the video to see the on-site application process and practical experience sharing from our colleagues!
Benefits and Functions of RENOLIT CP Corrosion Protection Film
Thanks to the 10-year durability, corrosion maintenance costs are reduced to a minimum. Say goodbye to having to fix corrosion damage that you just fixed 1 or 2 years ago.
The quick application, low maintenance and high durability of the film allow wind turbines to stay in operation longer. Bonus: Service technician costs, typically calculated on an hourly basis, are lower as a result.
Fewer application steps
The coating process only requires a few steps: After cleaning the surface and applying the primer, next step is to apply the film when the primer dries.
Ease of repairs planning
Due to the 2-layer application of the film and the low dependence on weather conditions, repairs can be planned flexibly.
Constant film thickness
The film has a constant thickness of 160 µm (microns) and thus offers a smooth and very even surface.
When applying the film, neither volatile organic compounds (VOC) nor problematic waste are produced. This eliminates hazards to people and the environment as well as health risks.
RENOLIT CP easy and fast application process
Click to see how to apply the film in under 4 minutes.
Its adhesion is optimal on vertical surfaces (+/- 10°) and on 90° angles as well.
RENOLIT CP technical information
- Material: PVC
- The thickness of the film is 160 microns; together with the adhesive 230 microns
- The film is manufactured in standard RAL 7035 color (light grey). Other colors can be supplied upon request
- UV resistant (ISO 4892-2)
- Usage temperature: -30 to 70°C
- The film is flexible and can be easily applied on difficult geometries
Do you have a question on this topic, or would you like to receive a sample? Let us know here!
Your contact person
Key Account Management
WP Energy GmbH