Product Development Engineer/ Product Development Scientist
The RENOLIT Group stands for partnership-based service, an international focus and innovative, high-quality, reliable products. With more than thirty production sites and sales entities in over twenty countries, we are one of the world’s leading plastic product manufacturers. Founded in 1946 with seven employees in Worms (Germany), where our headquarters are still today, the company now employs over 5,000 people. Their know-how and commitment make our family-owned business a sought after specialist for high-quality films, sheets and other plastic products.
Your tasks at RENOLIT
TYPICAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Designs and develops new products from concept creation to launch.
- Designs and conducts experiments to verify product performance.
- Follows and participates actively in the phase gate system for new product development activities.
- Provides assigned deliverables for the phase gate system.
- Generates invention disclosures for new concept designs.
- Provides technical support to Sales, Operations and Quality for product qualifications, process improvement programs, testing and training.
- Utilizes polymer science and engineering principles to solve product challenges.
- Designs new and/or modifies existing tests methods and ensures accuracy.
- Develops accurate and complete specifications for new products.
- Maintains accurate lab notebooks.
- Ensures the timely completion of product design and development projects with priorities established and agreed upon with the R&D Manager.
- Ensures 5S in the R&D Lab.
PRIMARY POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and to work collaboratively to solve problems.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with data driven approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Must be proficient with computers and have experience with MS Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Strong planning/organizing skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and/or present findings to a wide variety of audiences.
- Self-starter, self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Strong aptitude for hands-on testing and experimentation
- Pays attention to detail in all aspects of the job.
- Able to make decisions using available resources and sound judgment.
- Ability to write procedures, work instructions, trial protocols, project reports and other related documents.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities to use time efficiently.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent changes.
- Follows instructions and responds to direction.
- Results oriented.
- Willing to work extra hours to "get the job done".
Comprehension of all relevant quality management system factors and documents that refer to the job category and the awareness by the individual of their relevance and importance. That includes but is not limited to, understanding of the Quality Policy, how the individual’s performance contributes to meeting of the Critical Success Factors and specific job category or position related procedures.
What we expect
COMPANY REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Position holder will have a high school diploma or equivalency.
- Ability to speak and comprehend the English language as determined through appropriate testing and/or the interview process.
- Able to read and comprehend and to legibly write the English language as determined through appropriate testing and/or the interview process.
- Mathematics and reasoning skills as determined through applicable aptitude and achievement tests.
- A position in areas, such as the maintenance department where specific skills such as electrical knowledge are required, will require documented evidence of competency in those skills.
POSITION REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Chemical Engineering or Polymer Science/Engineering or Material Science and Engineering.
- 4-5 years of relevant industrial product development experience is highly desirable.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (STEM courses only).
- Experience with polymers, polymer testing and processing equipment (compounding, extrusion, etc.) is a must.
- Do current or previous incumbents possess these qualifications and skills? If no, please describe the reason for these requirements when hiring for this position.
What we offer
- 401k pension plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company paid holidays