A vacancy has arisen in our Finance team, for a Management Accountant.
The Management Accountant assists the Senior Management Accountant in preparing timely and accurate financial reports and disseminating them, and the information behind, throughout the organisation and wider RENOLIT Group.
Your tasks at RENOLIT
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Preparation of the monthly close
- Completing the month end routine to ensure monthly financial reporting is accurate, and complete with comments on areas of note. This will include: stock valuation, various reconciliations, accruals
- Reporting must be done to strict deadlines
- Assisting with the preparation of the monthly MMR and local Management Accounts
- Distribution of departmental reports detailing financial spend v budgets
- Completion of periodic monthly reports to Group
- Responsibility for all product standard costs sold from RENOLIT Cramlington Ltd
- Standard costs to be up to date and accurate for all items produced on site
- Regular review of standard costs and purchase prices of products produced by sister companies and that profitability is in line with the RENOLIT Transfer Price Agreement
- Determination of new standards each year for production targets (speeds, yields) as well as labour and energy overhead rates
- Preparation of theoretical costs for new products
- Assessing financial viability of products
- Develop close links with departments (eg sales, marketing, production, NPDI) to help them achieve their KPI’s
- Model building to determine future profitability levels
- Identifying opportunities for product construction improvements
- Production variance reporting, determining reasons behind variances
- Regular analysis of product variances versus standards
- Reporting explanations for significant variances throughout all levels of the business
- Assisting with budgets and forecasts
- Assisting when required with preparation of forecasts
- Assisting with all aspects of the annual budget process
- Assist with the annual audit
- Provide information to the external auditors in a timely and accurate manner
- Constant review of work procedures to identify improvement areas
- Implement the company CiP culture and always challenge the work methods for suitability, time saving and accuracy improvement.
- Ad-hoc project work
- The role will have opportunities be involved with various projects and teams around the business (often unsupervised) and will include: CiP teams, stock takes, NPD&I, product teams.
What we expect
It is vital that the Management Accountant has advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel (pivot tables and lookups are essential), Word and PowerPoint. Experience of SAP and Power BI are advantageous but not essential.
Qualifications / Experience
CIMA part-qualified with experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred. Experience of preparing management accounts is essential.
Study support to achieve qualified CIMA status will be offered.
- Must have a can-do attitude and willing to get involved in all aspects of the business as and when required
- Able to demonstrate initiative and be naturally inquisitive
- Awareness of modern management accounting techniques
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate at all levels of the business, both financial and non-financial
- Able to prepare financial information in a way that is easily understood by non-financial colleagues
- Able to plan/prioritise and deliver against tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate sound judgement based on knowledge and understanding
- Ability to develop systems and tools to facilitate timely and accurate financial and KPI reporting
What we offer
We offer an attractive benefits package, which includes a generous salary along with the following:
Death in Service Benefit
Employee Benefits Hub
Cycle to Work scheme
Discounted membership at a local gym
Free Onsite Parking