Voluntarily joining the CPA
In September 2019, RENOLIT signed the Circular Plastics Alliance Declaration to promote the use of recycled plastics in Europe through voluntary measures.
The CPA is an alliance of associations and companies in the plastics industry. These associations and companies have set themselves the goal of incorporating at least 10 million tons of recycled plastics into products and packaging in Europe by 2025.
As one of the world's leading manufacturers of high-quality plastic films, sheets and other polymer solutions, RENOLIT is particularly committed to sustainability and the associated circular economy approach.
Aware of our responsibility towards people and the environment, we have anchored our consistent commitment in our corporate strategy "ONE RENOLIT 2025" and our overarching mission statement: "We deliver sustainable and innovative polymer solutions."
In addition to numerous internal sustainability activities, RENOLIT has long been involved in value chain initiatives such as Vinyl Plus, a voluntary commitment by the European PVC industry.
RENOLIT works with PVC
Not only HOW we work is based on sustainability, but also WHAT we work with.
Our film is made of PVC.
The production of PVC requires less non-renewable fossil raw materials than any other commercially available plastic
- PVC is made of 57% conventional salt and 43% oil
- In 2018, approximately 44.3 million tons of PVC were produced worldwide
- Forecast to reach 59.72 million tons by 2025
Why is PVC so valuable?
- PVC accounts for almost 50% of applications in the construction sector
- PVC helps to save energy, reduce costs, improve the quality of life and protect the environment
- Through the use of modern window systems with high thermal insulation throughout Europe, 13 billion euros per year can be saved after just five years
- PVC can be recycled and reused up to eight times, depending on its application
Example: In the extrusion of plastic window profiles, ideal production equipment and cross-section technology can save up to 30% energy. Such significant savings are also achievable in the production of films and flooring.
These UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are important for us
The UN 2030 Agenda, with its 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), is considered as a global plan for a better and decent future that should be implemented by 2030. It is about facing the challenges of our time: Ending poverty, injustice and inequality, curbing environmental destruction and the climate crisis, and securing peace. RENOLIT, within the framework of the ONE RENOLIT 2025 strategy, has also taken measures to help achieve certain of these goals and live up to our responsibility.