Voluntarily joining the CPA
In September 2019, RENOLIT signed the Circular Plastics Alliance Declaration to promote the use of recycled plastics in Europe through voluntary measures.
The CPA is an alliance of associations and companies in the plastics industry. These associations and companies have set themselves the goal of incorporating at least 10 million tons of recycled plastics into products and packaging in Europe by 2025.
RENOLIT works with PVC
Not only HOW we work is based on sustainability, but also WHAT we work with. Our film is made of PVC. The production of PVC requires less non-renewable fossil raw materials than any other commercially available plastic
- PVC is made of 57% conventional salt and 43% oil
- In 2018, approximately 44.3 million tons of PVC were produced worldwide
- Forecast to reach 59.72 million tons by 2025
Why is PVC so valuable?
- PVC accounts for almost 50% of applications in the construction sector
- PVC helps to save energy, reduce costs, improve the quality of life and protect the environment
- Through the use of modern window systems with high thermal insulation throughout Europe, 13 billion euros per year can be saved after just five years
- PVC can be recycled and reused up to eight times, depending on its application
Example: In the extrusion of plastic window profiles, ideal production equipment and cross-section technology can save up to 30% energy. Such significant savings are also achievable in the production of films and flooring.
SDG 9 – Industry, innovation and infrastructure
By optimising our production processes to use energy and resources more efficiently, our sites around the world benefit. The focus here is on reducing emissions. With geomembranes for hydraulic engineering and civil engineering, we contribute to the expansion of infrastructure worldwide.
SDG 12 – Sustainable consumption and production
As a manufacturing company, we can make a decisive contribution to reducing the global ecological footprint with durable and sustainable products, resource-friendly production processes and the expansion of our internal recycling activities.
SDG 13 – Climate protection
Moving from a linear to a circular economy is an effective strategy to limit global warming to well below 2 degrees. Our corporate unit and initiative "RENOLIT Goes Circular", is our contribution to this.