The storage of blood and blood components is known as one of the most critical applications, the developments are frequent and the requirements are increasing every day.
RENOLIT Healthcare is known as the worldwide market leader for the basic materials for the manufacturing of blood bag systems.
The RENOLIT blood bag ﬁlms are supplied to the world’s leading manufacturers of blood bags and blood processing systems.
Important factors are the consistent and reliable quality of the ﬁlms, often custom made in co-development with our customers.
Some features are: superior embossing stability during the steam sterilization procedure, guaranteeing the non-blocking properties on both sides of the ﬁlm.
Different surface structures are available enabling a good blood separation both on automatic as well as semi-automatic fractionation machines.
The compositions of the films have been carefully tested for their blood compatibility.
Various formulations are available, including DEHP, TEHTM, DINCH, DEHT and BTHC plasticized ﬁlms following the latest requirements of the European Pharmacopoeia.
Special PVC and polyoleﬁn based compounds offer high oxygen and carbon dioxide permeability for platelet storage.
The specially developed RENOLIT Transfufol ﬁlm processing technique combines the advantages of calendering and extrusion, resulting in a superior batch-to-batch consistency.
The strict clean room conditions, web cleaning technology and in-line slitting guarantee a low particulate level.
In addition to blood bag film RENOLIT also provides specialized tubing types and compound to complete the blood bag system using the same family materials.
Unique selling points
- Multicontinental ISO13485 facilities with cleanroom production of film, tubing and compounds
- Full range of formulations designed for blood bag system including whole blood, apheresis, inactivation, cord blood, plasma, platelets, red cells and blood derivates
- Decades of proven performance in the various blood-related applications
- DMF, biocompatibility and regulatory support
- Global back-up option for key products
Our product folio
- RENOLIT SOLMED Transfufol
- RENOLIT SOLMED Medituub
- RENOLIT SOLMED Medigranuul