The RENOLIT Group stands for partnership-based service, an international focus and innovative, high-quality, reliable products. With more than thirty production sites and sales entities in over twenty countries, we are one of the world’s leading plastic product manufacturers. Founded in 1946 with seven employees in Worms (Germany), where our headquarters are still today, the company now employs over 5,000 people. Their know-how and commitment make our family-owned business a sought after specialist for high-quality films, sheets and other plastic products.
Your tasks at RENOLIT
TYPICAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
Manage and complete engineering projects related to manufacturing processes, supporting infrastructures or facilities for American RENOLIT Corporation LA.
- Work in coordination with Production, Quality, Maintenance, and other departments to specify, design, and commission the projects that you are responsible for.
- Support and maintain project administration documentation. Implement new and continuous improvements to plant efficiency, productivity, and product quality.
- Perform detail analysis, present technical solutions, optimize configuration layouts, and evolve existing/future operations.
- Support finance group and capital appropriation administration.
- Complete assignments, duties, and tasks in support of business and management objectives.
PRIMARY POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and execute projects with engineering and technical dimensions
- Responsible for all aspects of project management: resources, scheduling, costs, communication, …
- Develop functional analysis and technical specifications
- Design or co-design with suppliers’ solutions that would fulfill project objectives
- Manage contractors, or internal resources associated with the projects
- Report and maintain accurate meeting minutes, budgets, schedules, status, performance, and contracts
- Provide framework, metrics, controls, collect and conduct vital assurances and inspections
- Ensure compliance with the applicable codes, practices, policies, and standards
- Organize official documents associated with submittals, bids, contracts, drawings, COs, Supply Chain
- Track business documents associated with Permits, RFIs, finances, lessons, improvements,
- Procure, organize, and manage parts, supplies, equipment, needed for the project
- Maintain proactive communication with stakeholders
- Update schedule based on project team input, supplier progress and materials deliveries
- Track, inspect, implement, and administrate material deliveries and paperwork
- Assist in preparation of bi-monthly project status reports
- Support project until successful startup and anticipated results are obtained
- Transfer knowledge and documents to final users for effective take over
What we expect
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge in civil, mechanical, electrical, and material engineering principles
- Knowledge in construction, fabrication, manufacturing, and assembling practices and methods
- Experience with alteration of electro-mechanical equipment and mechanisms
- Knowledge in automation integration, electrical box components, and system configurations.
- Computer knowledge, proficient with Microsoft Office software project management tools, decision making, risk management, and conflict resolution
- Read, create, alter, and exchange drawings, 2D CAD and 3D Modeling
- Plastic extrusion, calendering, and winding knowledge are a plus
- Ability to function independently flexible, adaptable, and a dependable team member
- Positive and effective in written English and verbal communication
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Time management, implement, and use organizational aids
POSITION REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, preferably mechanical. Or its equivalent in a closely related field of engineering supplemented by work experience.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in an engineering position associated with manufacturing, or assembling.
- Ability to read, speak and comprehend the English language as determined through appropriate testing and/or the interview process
What we offer
- 401k pension plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company paid holidays