Automation and Controls Engineer
The RENOLIT Group stands for partnership-based service, an international focus and innovative, high-quality, reliable products. With more than thirty production sites and sales entities in over twenty countries, we are one of the world’s leading plastic product manufacturers. Founded in 1946 with seven employees in Worms (Germany), where our headquarters are still today, the company now employs over 5,000 people. Their know-how and commitment make our family-owned business a sought after specialist for high-quality films, sheets and other plastic products.
American RENOLIT Corporation specializes in the manufacturing of plastic films that are used in the Graphics, Signage, and Labeling industry. Other films manufactured in La Porte are used a decorative surface lamination films in furniture applications, and some films are specifically engineered as laminates for exterior building components. ARC is among the top performers in the industry, and continually strives for innovation.
Your tasks at RENOLIT
The primary responsibility of this position is technical support to maintenance operations including troubleshooting complex problems, determining root cause, implementation of solutions and documentation. The position requires application of software and controls, engineering, process control design and support of automated manufacturing equipment.
- Develop designs and electrical engineering of control systems and manufacturing equipment
- Assist in designing electrical/control-wiring schematics in AUTOCAD
- Assist in troubleshooting and repair of electrical/mechanical and programming related equipment/mill problems
- Design of control logic and control schematics
- Strong PLC programming skills using ladder logic and Siemens FB and STL programming in Step 7 and TIA.
- HMI and SCADA programming and integration with WinCC, Wincc Flex, and TIA.
- Understanding of network communication networks including Profibus, Profinet and/or industrial ethernet.
- Motor control principles, experience/knowledge with variable speed drives
- Be available for on-call support after normal working hours when needed.
- Create Functional troubleshooting documents for existing equipment PLC programs
- Create PLC training documents.
- Help improve, upkeep, and maintain plant wide documentation including AutoCAD plans, PFD’s, PID’s & layouts.
- Minimal travel
- Excellent customer relations skills are essential.
- Participate in the maintenance department efforts towards achieving key measures.
- Follow all relevant policies and procedures (5S, Safety, ARC policies)
What we expect
- Bachelor of Science in an Electrical/Automated Manufacturing Engineers discipline or related engineering degree and/or minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience
- Understanding of Pneumatic, Hydraulic and Water systems.
- Must have worked successfully on several automation projects for the manufacturing industry or a system integrator.
- Strong knowledge of automation techniques, machine control systems, programmable logic controllers, pneumatics and computer programming
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Teams, Word, PowerPoint)
- Trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Project management skills preferred.
What we offer
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid Vacation
- 8 Paid Holidays per year