Product Development Laboratory Technician
American RENOLIT Corporation specializes in the manufacturing of plastic films that are used in the Graphics, Signage, and Labeling industry. Other films manufactured in La Porte are used a decorative surface lamination films in furniture applications, and some films are specifically engineered as laminates for exterior building components. ARC is among the top performers in the industry, and continually strives for innovation.
Your tasks at RENOLIT
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION
The purpose of this position is to provide technical testing to support the development and evaluation of new products and raw materials.
The Lab Technician performs chemical analysis and testing on chemical raw materials and in-process/finished batches according to methods and specifications as defined by the ASTM standards. He/she assists with compiling, analyzing and interpretation of results as well as maintaining the flow of samples and paperwork through the laboratory. The Lab Technician maintains laboratory equipment and instrumentation to ensure ideal usage and has a strong attention to detail. The Lab Technician is able to effectively correspond with internal customers, has excellent organizational skills, able to perform physically demanding work such as moving and lifting equipment and capable of standing for long periods of time.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Provide assistance to the development of raw materials related to research and development, production, technology, and regulatory projects
- Support of shipping samples to external labs for testing.
- Conduct raw material testing according to procedures and document results
- Blending of raw materials to meet technical and color requirements.
- Develop prototype products in lab
- Work with development, quality and manufacturing teams
- Maintain and operate various test equipment.
- Follow all relevant policies and procedures (Safety, 5S, and ARC policies)
- Actively participate departmental projects
- Assist in the investigation of customer complaints relating to raw material failures
- Prepare reports for product development activities
- Maintain neat and clean laboratory area and ensure functionality of all equipment (5S & ISO).
- Other related duties as assigned
What we expect
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or GED required
- Experience using standard laboratory equipment is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Analytical and numerical skills: ability to perform mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply, divide) in different units of measurement; ability to use concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- High safety and cleanliness standards
- Good communication skills required, including active listening and effective speaking
- Team Oriented: Ability to demonstrate cooperation and support
- Motivating Others: Demonstrated skill in contributing to a motivating work environment
- Ethics and Values: Demonstrated ability to maintain the highest ethical standards in the work environment
- Integrity and Trust: Demonstrated skill in earning and keeping coworkers’ trust
- Customer oriented and service minded
- Positive attitude, flexibility
- Ability to walk, stand, push, pull, reach overhead, bend, and kneel.
- Ability to work overtime, including weekends, and move from shift to shift as required
- Some quality management systems knowledge
- Proficient Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to problem solve issues
- Organizing: Demonstrated skill in organizing work, setting priorities and planning ahead required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Perseverance: Demonstrated skill in working toward goals despite encountering obstacles
Drive for Results: Focus on and commitment to achieving outcomes required
What we offer
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid Vacation