IT Systems Administrator - LaPorte, Indiana
The RENOLIT Group stands for partnership-based service, an international focus and innovative, high-quality, reliable products. With more than thirty production sites and sales entities in over twenty countries, we are one of the world’s leading plastic product manufacturers. Founded in 1946 with seven employees in Worms (Germany), where our headquarters are still today, the company now employs over 4,700 people. Their know-how and commitment make our family-owned business a sought after specialist for high-quality films, sheets and other plastic products.
American RENOLIT Corporation specializes in the manufacturing of plastic films that are used in the Graphics, Signage, and Labeling industry. Other films manufactured in La Porte, Indiana, are used a decorative surface lamination films in furniture applications, and some films are specifically engineered as laminates for exterior building components. ARC is among the top performers in the industry, and continually strives for innovation.
Your tasks at RENOLIT
- Provides administration of Servers (physical and virtualized), LAN and WAN, troubleshooting and contact to external partners.
- Provides support to end-users for hardware, software and other telecommunication issues.
- Provides help desk support
- Oversees the procurement of all technical equipment for Central and Remote offices (Laptops, VOIP, Blackberries/Smart phones, Peripherals, Printers/Copiers/Fax Machine etc.)
- Supports and maintains all computer systems, desktops, laptops, peripherals and software for Corporate and remote users including installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all hardware and equipment to ensure optimal performance.
- Installs new equipment as it arrives.
- Places support calls with vendors as needed on new and existing equipment.
- Provides support to all production computers/systems.
- Maintains backup of files, security and rights according to Corporate policies.
- Administers facility security (access, cameras, badges).
- Administers PBX/voicemail systems.
- Insure that all users have the technology tools needed to perform their functions
- Maintain an inventory of all IT equipment and software
- Insure that all appropriate software is installed and setup where needed and in accordance with Corporate policy
- Assist with data and voice communication wiring when needed
- Assist with the development, testing, documentation, and implementation of any new systems
- Follow all relevant policies and procedures (5S, Safety, ARC policies, especially IT-policies)
What we expect
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3-5 years in experience PC support and software support
- MS Certified preferred – Knowledge of MS Exchange/ Outlook
- Network interface card installation and configuration experience
- Printer and Print server installation, configuration and maintenance experience
Working knowledge of:
- Ethernet Networking
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good vocal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work with employees and vendors at all levels
- High safety and cleanliness standards
- Good communication skills within the department as well as with other departments
- Dependability on a daily basis
- Positive attitude, flexibility
- Ability to walk, stand, push, pull, reach overhead, bend, and kneel.
What we offer
- Competitve pay rates
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401K plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays