Senior Cost Accountant
The RENOLIT Group stands for partnership-based service, an international focus and innovative, high-quality, reliable products. With more than thirty production sites and sales entities in over twenty countries, we are one of the world’s leading plastic product manufacturers. Founded in 1946 with seven employees in Worms (Germany), where our headquarters are still today, the company now employs over 4,700 people. Their know-how and commitment make our family-owned business a sought after specialist for high-quality films, sheets and other plastic products.
American RENOLIT Corporation specializes in the manufacturing of plastic films that are used in the Graphics, Signage, and Labeling industry. Other films manufactured in La Porte, Indiana, are used a decorative surface lamination films in furniture applications, and some films are specifically engineered as laminates for exterior building components. ARC is among the top performers in the industry, and continually strives for innovation.
Your tasks at RENOLIT
- Responsible for creation of annual budget and forecasts
- Responsible for all cost accounting reporting and reviews
- Provides controller’s assistance with monthly material cost estimate/inventory valuations to ensure the system is costing items appropriately.
- Responsible for the proper accounting of fixed assets including related documentation and annual physical fixed assets inventories. Responsible for Maintenance of the CAPEX-BDG and monthly reviews
- Analyzes financial data to expose any information useful in improving operating efficiencies and changes in product design, raw material, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on cost.
- Assists in identification of continuous improvement savings and responsible for their reporting to Mgmt.
- Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services and develops and installs cost accounting system
- Ensure validity and accuracy of ERP through analysis, internal audit, and coordination with inventory control, production and work order processing.
- Assists in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls.
- Other duties as assigned
What we expect
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related discipline preferred
- 7+ years experience in Cost Accounting
- Manufacturing background (at least 3-5 years accounting experience in mfg environment)
- Knowledge of inventory control, budget analysis, P/L reports, and financial controls
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office, Outlook, and especially advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, graphs and advanced formulas)
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principals.
- Understands the demands of the financial close, forecasting, and budgeting process
- SAP experience (3 years +), primarily an understanding of material and cost flows
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work with colleagues and superiors at all levels
- Good communication skills within the department as well as with other departments
- Dependability on a daily basis
- Positive attitude, flexibility
What we offer
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid Vacation