Automation and Controls Specialist
The RENOLIT Group stands for partnership-based service, an international focus and innovative, high-quality, reliable products. With more than thirty production sites and sales entities in over twenty countries, we are one of the world’s leading plastic product manufacturers. Founded in 1946 with seven employees in Worms (Germany), where our headquarters are still today, the company now employs over 5,000 people. Their know-how and commitment make our family-owned business a sought after specialist for high-quality films, sheets and other plastic products.
American RENOLIT Corporation specializes in the manufacturing of plastic films that are used in the Graphics, Signage, and Labeling industry. Other films manufactured in La Porte are used a decorative surface lamination films in furniture applications, and some films are specifically engineered as laminates for exterior building components. ARC is among the top performers in the industry, and continually strives for innovation.
Your tasks at RENOLIT
Provide technical solutions to automation-related tasks including troubleshooting complex problems, determining root cause, implementation and documentation of solutions. Responsible for designing, installing, maintaining and troubleshooting automation equipment including logic controllers and HMI devices used in production equipment. Must have a broad range of knowledge and understanding of process machinery, electrical controls, instrumentation as well as mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems essential to plant and production related equipment.
- Create an effective production workflow through automated machinery and equipment optimization.
- Implement complex electrical and mechanical installation support.
- Support day to day facility and production requirements to
- comply with safety regulations
- maintain machinery operating efficiency
- Improve special machinery function.
- Help create, improve, upkeep, and maintain plant wide documentation.
- Including: AutoCAD plans, PFD’s, PID’s & layouts
- Train personnel in the use and support of manufacturing equipment.
- Edit/modify/troubleshoot/create control programs on programmable devices.
- Siemens S7 and WinCC
- Install, repair and service machinery, equipment, and support systems as required.
- Examples include but are not limited to: electrical equipment from 12V to 480VAC and 5 to 600VDC distribution, Programmable logic controllers (PLC), Profibus, Profinet, Industrial Ethernet, AC and DC drives and motors, sensors, scales, cameras, HMI panels, industrial computers, transducers, power supplies
- Perform all tasks in a safe, proper, timely, and clean manor.
- Participate in the maintenance department efforts towards achieving key performance measures
- Adhere to relevant industry regulations and company policies and procedures
- (5S, Safety, ARC policies)
- Additional aspects
- Minimal travel
- Capable of performing on-call service
- Capable of working overtime on short notice
- Capable of working weekends and holidays for special projects or emergency situations
- Capable of attending school (provided and paid by Renolit)
What we expect
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Automation, Engineering Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- Significant industrial automation experience and certification is considered in lieu of degree.
- Have current and advanced knowledge of various programming language syntax and proprietary software for connecting, troubleshooting, and optimizing production equipment:
- Siemens Preferred
- ABB Accepted
- Other Automation Systems knowledge considered
- Able to read Mechanical Prints, Electrical schematics and blue prints
- Knowledge of proper use of precision measuring instruments
- AutoCAD Drafting
- Project Management skills
- Previous experience working with and maintaining automated machinery
- Experience in a plastics plant or calendaring operation
- Working knowledge of extrusion, conveying and calendaring systems (Plastics)
- 3-5 years proven experience as an industrial electrician/instrument tech/automation specialist
- Siemens FB and STL programming experience
- Capable of reading German a plus
What we offer
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid Vacation