American RENOLIT Corporation specializes in the manufacturing of plastic films that are used in the Graphics, Signage, and Labeling industry. Other films manufactured in La Porte are used a decorative surface lamination films in furniture applications, and some films are specifically engineered as laminates for exterior building components. ARC is among the top performers in the industry, and continually strives for innovation.
Your tasks at RENOLIT
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position is responsible for all cost accounting functions including financial analysis and controls, budgeting analysis and controls, inventory reporting and analysis, and a range of other activity.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Responsible for all cost accounting functions, analysis, studies, and related internal reporting (e.g. production/financial info by work orders, contribution margin analysis)
- Supports month end/quarter end and year end activities activities including monthly material ledger run and other related tasks
- Monitors inventory activity and generates monthly inventory reports
- Responsible for execution and reports for annual inventories according to ARC Inventory manual including monitoring of the cycle count program
- Maintains Inventory Reserve Analysis for all material groups and Material Balance Report
- Ensures the proper accounting of fixed assets including related documentation and annual physical fixed assets inventories.
- Provides budgeting/forecasting and planning support
- Conducts periodic/monthly cost reviews with department heads
- Analyzes financial data to expose any information useful in improving operating efficiencies and changes in product design, raw material, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Analyzes actual manufacturing cost and prepares periodic report comparing standard cost efficiencies in new product layouts
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services and develops and installs cost accounting system
- Responsible for annual cost roll for semi-finished and finished goods
- Ensure validity and accuracy of ERP through analysis, internal audit, and coordination with inventory control, production and work order processing.
- Assists in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls.
- Other duties as assigned
What we expect
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related discipline preferred
- 5+ years experience in Cost Accounting
- Manufacturing background (at least 3-5 years accounting experience in mfg environment)
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of inventory control, budget analysis, P/L reports, and financial controls
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office, Outlook, and especially advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, graphs and advanced formulas)
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principals.
- Understands the demands of the financial close, forecasting, and budgeting process
- IFRS experience
- SAP experience (2 years +), primarily an understanding of material and cost flows
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work with colleagues and superiors at all levels
- Good communication skills within the department as well as with other departments
- Dependability on a daily basis
- Positive attitude, flexibility
- Ability to walk, stand, push, pull, reach overhead, bend, kneel, crouch and executive repetitive motions 75% of the scheduled shift.
- Ability to lift 10- 20 lbs. periodically during the scheduled shift.
What we offer
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid Vacation