Reliability Engineer - LaPorte, Indiana
This position is responsible for guiding efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls and safety/security systems. Identify and manage asset reliability risks that could
adversely affect plant or business operations. This role includes direct supervision of Maintenance personnel.
Your tasks at RENOLIT
- Provides technical support and leadership to maintenance and technical personnel.
- Oversee and coordinate personnel who maintain and repair production equipment and building systems.
- Supervise workers, organize schedules and assign work activity.
- Perform training to ensure individuals have all the requisite skills.
- Develop and implement maintenance procedures and maintain personnel records
- Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines an asset maintenance plan that includes:
- Value-added preventive maintenance tasks.
- Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems
- Provides input to a risk management plan that will anticipate reliability related and non-reliability-related risks that could adversely impact plant operations.
- Develops solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations. These problems include capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues.
- Works with project engineering to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations.
- Participates in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans. Participates in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical MRO suppliers and technical maintenance service providers. Develops acceptance tests and inspection criteria.
What we expect
- 4 year Engineering Degree and 3 years’ maintenance and reliability or engineering experience preferred.
- Advanced computer skills including: Microsoft Office, Maintenance Connection CMMS, SAP
- Ability to develop and manage good working relationships with internal departments (production, logistics, accounting), contractors, suppliers, and inspectors.
- Strong mechanical and electrical knowledge and aptitude.
- Strong written, verbal communication, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Strong knowledge of preventive maintenance programs and the tools associated with failure detection (i.e. vibration analysis, oil monitoring, thermography) as well as the software associated with them.
- Ability to lead a cross-functional team of individuals by demonstrating excellent people management skills in the areas of coaching, feedback and development.
- Previous experience working with and maintaining automated machinery
- Experience using Reliability Centered Maintenance techniques, cause analysis, and predictive maintenance technologies such as vibration analysis, infrared, and acoustic emissions.
- Experience in a plastics plant or calendaring operation
- Working knowledge of extrusion, conveying and calendaring systems(Plastics)
- Capable of reading German a plus
What we offer
- Competitve pay rates
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401K plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays