Product Development Manager
High-quality plastic films and products are both our passion and our profession. As an independent family-owned business, the RENOLIT Group has been setting quality and innovation standards for over 75 years. To ensure that our customers can rely on this quality promise, more than 4,800 employees at more than 30 locations worldwide are continuously developing pioneering products for all key industries.
An experienced Product Development Manager is required in product development to provide small scale development work, full-scale manufacturing trials and product performance testing.
Your tasks at RENOLIT
- Develop and evaluate new products for new and existing applications, to bring them to market speedily and effectively.
- To support product qualification and approval programmes in support of the NPD&I portfolio where appropriate.
- Work with plant personnel and provide technical support and assistance as required in order to resolve production and quality issues and in support of new products.
- To ensure good communication with and appropriate involvement of group R&D functions, Process Engineering, Production, Regulatory and the Commercial teams.
What we expect
- Degree (BSc, MSc, PhD etc.) in Chemistry, Polymer Science or Material Science is essential.
- Previous industrial or post-graduation experience within polymer industry is essential.
- Knowledge of new product development, process safety, optimisation, and improvements.
- Ability to plan, organise and carry out testing work and to analyse the results.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Self-motivated, inquisitive and pro-active.
- Hands-on approach.
- Managerial responsibilities as either part of the existing skill set or a desire to move to this level in the next role.
- It is desirable for the candidate to have an understanding of polymers (PVC, PUs, PMMA) and surface coating/decorating technologies (printing, priming, embossing etc.) and be someone who is able to bring new thinking in these areas.
What we offer
- An attractive salary (dependent on experience), commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Company pension scheme
- Free on site parking
- Subsidised canteen
- 25 days holiday entitlement
- Cycle to work scheme