back to Case Studies
Case Studies - Rosemount Clinic
Rosemount Clinic (£2.6 million) Alkorplan Metallic Copper Roof
Copper Metallic Alkorplan Single-Ply Membrane is the latest innovation from Renolit, manufacturer of Europe’s most comprehensive range of single-ply waterproofing membranes. The featured project is a 1,000m2 of the new metallic Copper membrane including standing-seam profiles.
Rosemount Clinic was a £2.6 M development, which provides specialist accommodation in Macclesfield for adults with learning difficulties. Designed by Nightingales Architects & constructed by Mansell Construction for the Cheshire & Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust under the Procure 21 Programme.
Cheshire & Wirral NHS Foundation Trust
John Short, Chief Operating Officer for the Cheshire & Wirral NHS Foundation Trust commented “The new Rosemount Clinic is a great development for Cheshire and will enable The Trust to provide the highest quality of in-care for those people with learning disabilities.
Roof under construction
Nightingale Architects & Advanced Roofing Input.
- Award winning Architects, Nightingale Associates, Liverpool, specified the new metallic membrane for it’s unique colour, A+ Environmental Green Guide rating & it’s texture & durability.
- The Copper metallic membrane provides a lifelong appearance of an unpatinised newly laid copper roof including matching standing seam profiles at a fraction of the cost of real copper metal.
- Advanced Roofing of Ilkeston tendered & were awarded the six-week contract.
- The project posed no real problems for the Advanced Engineers, using a mechanically fastened system with welded seams, & due to the products versatility a highly competitive cost could be achieved within the planned time schedule.
- The roof area was completed with little/ no disruption to the overall site which had to remain fully operational throughout.